This exceptional overnight short break to Oban, the Seafood Capital of Scotland, will highlight the full range from oysters to smoked salmon and freshly caught langoustine along with a Highland Malt Whisky Distillery visit and more.
Stunning scenery is guaranteed including the beautiful ‘Rest and Be Thankful’ mountain pass. An exceptional overnight feast for all your senses.
(A further night’s accommodation in Glasgow or at Cameron House Hotel can be booked on request. Transfer to Edinburgh can also be arranged).
Heading west from Glasgow we travel towards tranquil Loch Lomond and beyond to an area famed for its beauty, its oysters, mussels, langoustines and other world class shellfish.
DAY 1 WELCOME ON BOARD
• depart from Glasgow (or Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond as requested). A transfer from Edinburgh can also be arranged.
• Morning Coffee at the 5 star Cameron House Hotel
• Visit to local micro-brewery with tour and ale & cheese matching experience
• Arrive at Loch Fyne for Champagne, locally grown Oysters and your choice from the lunch menu
• Dinner in Oban, Seafood Capital of Scotland: A ‘Taste of Argyll Seafood Platter’ or ‘Surf & Turf’ by the shorefront with tranquil views over the Island of Kerrera
• Enjoy a dram of whisky as the sun sets
• overnight 4 or 5 star accommodation in Oban
DAY 2 WHISKY CASK TO SALMON SMOKE
• traditional Scottish breakfast
• visit to Oban Malt Whisky Distillery
• visit to an award winning artisan chocolate maker for tasting and morning coffee
• visit to a fish and game smokehouse with lunch tasting and behind-the-scenes exhibition visit
• return journey to Glasgow/Loch Lomond
• (A further night’s accommodation in Glasgow or at Cameron House Hotel can be booked on request.
Transfer to Edinburgh can also be arranged).
Saturday 01 – Sunday 02 October 2016
Saturday 12 – Sunday 13 November 2016
This tour is also available for private/exclusive groups of 2 – 14 persons on a date of your choice. Available all year round (subject to availability). Price depends on number of persons.
- Luxury transportation with driver and food/drink expert guide
- 1 night luxury 4 star boutique hotel/guest house accommodation in Oban
- 1 Scottish breakfast
- 1 Scottish salmon smokehouse visit and tasting
- 1 Scottish craft ale micro-brewery visit
- 1 ale and cheese tutored matching experience at the brewhouse
- 1 Highland malt whisky visit and tasting
- Behind the scenes insights and tours at all locations
- 1 Champagne, Oysters and Lunch at Loch Fyne Oyster Bar
- 1 dinner at a family run speciality Seafood Restaurant in Oban with a dram of Scotch Whisky
- 1 smoked fish and game lunch at the smokehouse
- Meet the chef experience
- On-board hospitality basket
- Morning coffee at the 5 Star Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- Artisan chocolate tasting experience with morning coffee
- Taste the unique food and drink specialities of the area and hear the stories of Scotland’s culinary past and innovative present that will live long in your memory
Airfare or personal expenses, including personal travel insurance are not included. Prices are per person based on 2 people sharing a twin/double room. To book simply contact us quoting the tour name, date, and number of people.
To book this Day Tour, please choose your dates and click the Book Now button!
Airfare or personal expenses, including personal travel insurance, and drinks except any listed on the itinerary are not included. Prices are per person based on 2 people sharing a twin/double room.
Love to cook? Why not add a day cooking with one of our professional chefs to your weekend?
Silver+ This itinerary is also available for a Private Booking (2 – 14 people) on dates that suit you (subject to availability) and a departure city of your choice. Simply contact us and state ‘Silver+ Tour – West Coast Seafood’ along with the number of people you wish to book for. Cost per person quoted will be based on numbers.
If you have a larger group simply get in touch for options.